Activities, classes and clubs are a valued and much-loved part of most children’s pre-school and extracurricular leisure and learning time, but until now, there has been no formal guidelines to assist parents in choosing how to invest their time and money in popular pastimes.
The Children’s Activities Association is a community interest company founded by experts to help parents and all children’s activities providers by raising the standard of children’s activities as well as give more families access to these excellent activities.
Parents no longer have to ask dozens of questions when choosing an activity. They can just ask one: “Are you a member of the CAA?” And already over 200,000 children across the UK attend a CAA member activity every week.
- Give parents a bench mark for all organised children’s activities by establishing and improving consistent standards & accreditation.
- Give more children the opportunity to experience a wider range of organised activities.
- Establish a membership scheme for children’s activity providers and supporting services – achieved in May 2015.
- Establish an accreditation scheme for children’s activity providers – achieved in November 2015.
- Commission research, campaign for improvements and promote the benefits of children’s activities.
- Award grants to community projects involving organised children’s activities.
- Work with policy makers to influence relevant legislation.